Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminHippolyte (Creator of PhotoSculpt, PhotoSculpt) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Terry commented  · 

I hope the demand for a Mac version might help consider getting funding for such an endeavor. I for one would like to see this developed.

• Punkd commented  · 

Actually codeweavers uses WINE in crossover office. Crossover office/Wine uses your 100% hardware so no emulation is used. I've used WINE in Linux and have run 3d software without performance hits. Most of the time the app ran better than in windows. Either way you could target Mac and Linux users. If you want to know more just google winehq.

• AdminHippolyte (Creator of PhotoSculpt, PhotoSculpt) commented  · 

Hi, I'd love to but it's not possible right now.

Migrating to Mac is not impossible but it's difficult.
        Let me explain what's the roadblock:

As an independent developper and self editor of Photosculpt. I don't have that "firepower" today, be it knowledge-wise, hardware-wise, dedicated staff-wise, time-wise or investissment-wise. Photosculpt is new (created in 2010) and is starting small like most/all start-ups.
        Photosculpt is a pro tool witch is appreciated and also increasing in audience so at some point it may be feasible to invest in the porting to Mac. But being realistic, I'm sorry it may take months or even years.
        Many pro softwares are not running on Mac too for the same reasons I believe.

Alternatively, if a contributor or editor is interested to take the challenge and help me port photosculpt to Mac, I'm ready to discuss. First thing would be to clarify the roadmap.

Thanks for dropping a word along with your vote.

Who else want a Mac version?

The more votes the better

• Manga commented  · 

I really hope this comes to Mac cause I as many I'm sure don't have windows. I'd rather use a native version instead of using a Virtual Machine or Boot Camp alternative. Please consider it!

Feedback and Knowledge Base