Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    HippolyteAdminHippolyte (Creator of PhotoSculpt, PhotoSculpt) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HippolyteAdminHippolyte (Creator of PhotoSculpt, PhotoSculpt) commented  · 

Hi Dave, yes that would help me to see "Exactly" what you mean and not miss something important. If you get the time I would appreciate because that's what I need now: a visual for an interface concept.

• Dave - CGenie.comDave - CGenie.com commented  · 

Hmm, a simple thumbnail interface would be good - just small thumbs that you can match up and then hit 'generate' to set it churning through them all...?

Let me know if a diagram/UI mockup would help and I'll doodle something in a spare moment!

• HippolyteAdminHippolyte (Creator of PhotoSculpt, PhotoSculpt) commented  · 

Oh yes it does.

"Droplet" program: I love programs that just work without asking questions.
        --> What about droping a set of files or an entire directory?

Command line: The good thing about command lines is that it's reasonably simple to program. But I never use them. As a user I want cool interfaces. That will only be a bonus for programmer and scripters.
        You're the first to ask for command lines ;-) Let me add that as a new function if you haven't already. It's not quite the same as having batch processing. It might get some new feed back as solo item. thks for writing!

• GregGreg commented  · 

Photosculpt.exe -front "c:\image1.jpg,image2.jpg" -right "c:\image3.jpg,image4.jpg" -output "c:\output_folder\output_file" -obj -depth -normal -spec -diff -occ -lod 0 -minimum

when Photosculpt is ran with the argument "-minimum", only a progress bar will show (that can be minimized), saving some memory by not showing the geometry and images on screen.

A separate program that can provide a nice simple interface to communicate with the main photosculpt command line parameters. 2 drag&drop lists to add and organize images. Save options available in the main app.

Have this separate batch program be able to work in "droplet" mode.
        example:
        1) save export options in main program or separate program. and set exported options file as default options to be loaded whenever the separate program is loaded.
        2) select files in particular order (front_image_01.jpg, right_image_02.jpg, front_image_03.jpg,right_image_04.jpg, etc) and drag&drop them over the icon of the separate program.
        3) separate program automatically loads default export settings and processes images.
        without any questions. just drag&drop and process.

With command line arguments, it opens the possibility to be run from another program, ie photoshop through a script.

Just some ideas, I hope this makes some sense.

Feedback and Knowledge Base