I suggest you ...

Stereo Pair Zdepth Extraction from Video Image Sequence

Feature to allow import of stereo pair image sequences(from a video file) for exporting as a image sequence of 16 bit grey maps, the output of which can be used for more mainstream effects such as compositing and depth grading. If such a feature could be implemented, this would be a compositors best friend!

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DIGIPIXDIGIPIX shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PunkdPunkd commented  · 

Yes. It exports depth maps into an image sequence.

• MangaManga commented  · 

Hey Hyppolyte,

You can check out PFTrack from pixelfarm. They use stereo pairs to extract depth maps to be used for what reason. With your software you could have endless uses compared to PFTrack. Also at an easier learning curve and not to mention affordable.

Hers the URL http://www.thepixelfarm.co.uk/product.php?productId=2&cId=3
        Look under the section 3D tools

• HippolyteAdminHippolyte (Creator of PhotoSculpt, PhotoSculpt) commented  · 

hello, thanks for posting this idea digipix!
        Users usually vote for ideas and don't post new ones so this is cool that you took time really think about that.

warning you're mixing those are 2 entirely separate fuctions:

>function 1. you have a sequence of stereo pair images (a 3d film) as input and want a depth map of each pair (notice with photosculpt textures today you'll have to choose either for the left image or the right image or even both)

I should be able to make photosculpt work as batch and process images in sequence. That's not the main issue. The big issue is that you'll have a mix of good and bad images. Remember that photosculpt need specific shooting conditions and specific subjects (see tutorial 2). We may try this one day when batch will be implemented but I fear this is not going to be very good.

Why not try it entirely manually first? Who has a 3d film as image files and want to try

>function 2 you have a regular 2D film and want to extract the 3D model (notice: not the depth map) of what's been filmed, (supposing the subject is not moving)

I saw 2 videos: the church cube model modeling(all automatic) and the SUV modeling (all manual with markers) Wow this is all cool but it's really far away for photosculpt to do this soon. let's think. There is a major issue with data structure (pst stores in memory a depth map only) Any idea?

• AERA51AERA51 commented  · 

I would like to see this as well! I've also seen videos on youtube showing that HD video can extract 3d data and the results are amazing. Maybe even a single camera can take stereo pairs from moving images, like left to right panning? I wonder what Hippolyte thinks of your feature request in general though of being possible.

Feedback and Knowledge Base